Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Yeah....blood on my dress.
We got so close to having absolutely everything go right! There were just two small things...one of which resulted in my sister having "elephantitis" (see story here: http://puckandnugget.blogspot.com/2008/11/elephantitis.html). And I was pretty calm, with the exception of two small freak outs. One isn't interesting - it lasted about two minutes and regarded my hair two hours before the ceremony. The second one, though - I got blood on my dress. The flowers behind my hair had a pin in them, and I didn't know it. The ceremony was supposed to start at 3:30, and at 3:20 I adjusted my hair and felt a prick in my finger. I looked at my thumb and no blood. 3:25 comes and I look down, and I have a teeny tiny bit of blood on my dress, at the seam on the right side. "CHRISTY! CHRISTY! I HAVE BLOOD ON MY DRESS!" ensues. She comes and dabs it off with water and the stinking blood actually comes off! Then, about two minutes later, I look and the very front of my dress has blood. I was still dripping a bit. So she had to clean that up. A second later, I had a bandaid on and checked my dress every other 10 seconds. Good thing we ended up waiting for late guests and starting the ceremony late. Holy cannoli. Thankfully the slippery nature of my dress did not absorb the blood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I need to go into the dry cleaning business now...
Post a Comment