Friday, July 23, 2010

USA Shows

The shows on USA have been the entertainment highlight of my summer.  I can't get enough of them.  The quirky character shows all follow a similar formula that just works.  Quirky Main and Supporting Characters + Mystery / Ops + Mini Storylines with Ongoing Storylines in the back drop = USA show.  And I think that if it isn't broken, why fix it?

White Collar: Tied for first place in my heart.  The bromances between Neal & Peter and Neal & Mozzie are just plain awesome.  I love the storylines and seeing what sneaky thing Neal will do this time.  And Neal.  His charisma is hard to beat.  He rocks old 50's style suits and fedoras.

Psych: Tied for first place in my heart as well.  This show is hilarious and it makes me laugh so hard.  The bromance between Sean & Gus is amazing.  Seriously, I want to shrink and sit in one of their make-believe pockets for a day.  It is so dang quirky - after you become familiar with the characters, the jokes just make sense.

Royal Pains: In second place.  Summer escapism at its best.  It's convinced me that somehow I will stuff myself in some socialite's designer suitcase and get to experience the Hamptons.  Otherwise, I have this vision of there being border patrol and turning me away.  I digress.  The two brothers are great together, and the two women are extremely likeable.

Burn Notice: An watchable show.  If it were 45 minutes long, it would be great.  30 minutes would be too short; an hour just kind of drags out a little bit.  Not one I watch religiously, but can easily sit down and watch.

Covert Affairs: The new kid on the block.  It's not bad - the female lead isn't what you would call "the girl next door" - she tries to be, but there is something about her that is just not down to earth.  I guess Sydney Bristow set the bar high on Alias (as did Michael Vartan, lol).  I do, however, think her CIA handler is funny and having him blind adds a nice twist.  I'm looking forward to riding this one out.

In Plain Sight: Haven't tried to watch it and probably won't.  It's just never appealed to me.

NCIS: They show re-runs all the time of NCIS, which is one of our favorite shows.  Perfect!

So there you go.  The TVaholic has three shows (possibly four) two look forward to during the week, all on one station.  Layer that with So You Think You Can Dance, and I don't feel a summer TV lull at all.

P.S. This post is signficantly perkier than the last one, yes? 

2 comments:

Christy said...

I enjoy Royal Pains, White Collar, Psych, and long walks on the beach with Matt Bomer... oh wait, I mean Mike....

Nikki Menda said...

LOL. Seriously, I could write a whole blog post about that man.