Today marks the 6th day in a row that my dad has been doing well. He's eating a lot better, can walk (barely is using the cane), and is sleeping better. His blood test results were really positive and much better.
I know we have a lot of days ahead of us - and I know some are going to be bad - but I'm extremely grateful that my dad has felt better the last few days. Being superstitious, I want to reiterate: Dear UNIVERSE, I am not jinxing anything and I fully understand how much longer this road is going to be. I know it won't be all sunshine and rainbows and I am aware of how terribly wrong it can all go. But I am happy for today, yesterday, and the four days before that. OKAY?! So don't go teaching me a lesson for opening my mouth. Love, Nikki
My mom's best friend flew down from Oregon at the beginning of last week. She has been such an immense help - having her around 24 / 7, and having her help be positive and productive, makes me want to cry. I'm grateful for her.
Lastly, I'm grateful for those of you that continue to still be there for us. Special shout out to you McMillans. We couldn't do this without all of you. Sue has been the most incredible friend to my mom, my dad and all of us. Jen has been so lovely. Jeff & Liv have been so supportive and amazing. And, oh yeah, we LOVE your company! Thank YOU! :)
Thanks everyone for the well wishes, prayers, and positive thoughts. It is most appreciative, and knowing that we have great friends has made a big difference. Thanks for the love.
So...grateful. Fingers crossed for more good days and beating this thing. And, if I can be so bold to wish for more, some fat on my dad. But I won't push it.
1 comment:
I'm so glad that he is having some good days. Way to fight Dad Elder!
Post a Comment