Friday, April 16, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

I thought I would comment on something I love about Ryan.  He doesn't do grand gestures - I rarely get flowers, he's not really romantic, and the ultimate compliment from him is "you look good."  However, he does these little things that pull at my heart.  One of which is the blanket on the floor by my side of the bed.  We have different sleeping temperatures - he likes it really cold in the room and I like to be warm and snuggly.  So if he has a feeling the temperature is going to dip down, and I don't have a heavy blanket on me, he'll drop one on the floor next to my side of the bed.  When I inevitably wake up super cold, it's there for me (rather than having to get up).  I just love it.  So, you know, in life - for Ryan and me - it's all about those little things.  Although, he may just be doing it because he doesn't want me to wake him up looking for a blanket.  But I'm going with reason #1.

This is an ironic post right now, however, because after waking up from being too cold (and finding the blanket there), I couldn't fall back asleep (damn you, Genovese curse!).  But most of the time it works.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, that is really sweet of him. But what the H? The blogospheres tell me you posted this at 4:55 in the a.m.! You are crazy, woman!

Nikki Menda said...

Seriously! I've been awake since 3:10 AM. Sooooo tired right now.