Yesterday I went to a 3 hour Power Yoga Bake. I'm probably weird and a little sadistic, but I was looking forward to it for weeks. I'd been to a 2 hour class before, but never a 3 hour. I wasn't sure what to expect - would it be full on power for three hours, or more of a workshop where you stop and learn? I was stoked. It turned out to be 3 hours of power flow.
So, yesterday morning I naturally woke up with a head cold - sinus congestion, cough, sore throat. I was NOT happy. I'd been looking forward to this class (and shelled out money for it) for weeks, and the morning of I decide to wake up sick? On Friday I had a baby sore throat, but it wasn't bad at all. I took some Airborne and it went away.
What's a girl to do? Guzzle 2 Airborne and pop some cold medicine, naturally. I decided to go - I was either going to a) knock my cold out or b) make it much, much worse. I've had about 9 mini-colds this year, and I'm sick of it (no pun intended). Give me one whammy of a cold over nine mini ones, please.
I was feeling probably 65% when I got there - not overly horrible but not remotely good. Of course, when we started, my adrenaline kicked in and I felt like a rock star. I was able to make it through the whole class, and I think I did rather well! She threw about every arm balance in there that I can do, and you know how much I looooovveeee arm balances. I was one happy girl. I also was able to do a balancing pose that I never thought in a million years I could do. The only place I could find the pose was here on You Tube - it's at about the 2:35 mark. A little bit before that is bound revolved half moon, which we did as well (for me, I should say attempted).
Yesterday, I felt exhausted and so wiped out. I drank 64 oz of water yesterday afternoon. Today, I feel tired and sick. So it looks like Option B won. But it was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment