I look forward to having kids, because I could tell little kid stories all day long. You remember Mia, my cousin's 3 year old? If not, see last week's blog post.
Before I lay out the story, there are 2 things you need to understand about my family:
1) My mom's nickname on her side of the family is "Neeners." The story goes that my cousin Frankie couldn't say "Denise" when he was a tyke, so then he started saying "Nee" which turned into "Neeners." Her WHOLE family calls her that, including the new generations and even my brother-in-law Mike.
2) My family is not foreign to swearing. I grew up with a potty mouth. Yes, I've sworn since I could talk. Horrible? Probably. True? Yes. Funny? Definitely. I'm just giving you background.
So, Amy, Sierra & Mia are at my Aunt Patty's house right now, while Lily is with her paternal grandmother in Sonoma county for a few days. The phone rings at my mom's house today, and she hears "Hi NEEENAS! Wah wah wah wah, wah wah, wah." (Wah meaning to indicate that my mom had no idea what Mia was saying after Hi Neeners!" Gotta love little 3 year old speak). Then my mom hears my Aunt Patty ask in the background, "Mia, what are you doing?!"
What followed, of course, was crystal clear: "Oh, I'm just shooting the shit with Neeenas."
I love 3 year olds.
1 comment:
Dude - I've never even heard that word before! (j/k). I once told a really hilarious joke to Paul with that four letter word as the punch line (the only time in my life I have ever used that word) and he won't let me live it down.
Post a Comment