Monday, November 2, 2009

Stood Up

Christy and I call ourselves "serial monogamists." We didn't date around in high school - to this day I've never gone on a "date" to meet a guy. So, needless to say, I've never had the pleasure of being stood up!

Tonight I was supposed to meet a work acquaintance from another company we utilize to fill temp positions. She has repeatedly invited me to go out to Campbell with her - for months. I felt bad that I'm so flaky and non-committal (it's so hard for me to do things! I don't even see my good friends nearly enough). Finally, I suggested we go to coffee since it's getting colder. We planned for tonight. All day, I've been so blah about going. She's a very nice girl, and it's nice that someone is interested in being my friend, but I'm lazy. It's pretty bad when consider for a millisecond on flaking.

Anyways - I went, and she stood me up! LOL. I'm not mad, but it's pretty ironic and it's pretty funny. We didn't touch base today to confirm, so I'm guessing she forgot?? :) I waited for 20 minutes before leaving. All I could think during that amount of time was, "OMG. This is what it's like to have a boy stand you up on a date!" Looking at the door every time it opens. Trying to make yourself look busy (in my case, reading a crappy small newspaper with atrocious journalistic prose. I can say that as a Journalism major). Trying not to drink too much of your drink because otherwise, how can you take casual sips every few minutes to not look so pathetic? Wishing you had an iPhone to go on the internet.

The result is this: boy am I glad that Ryan and I started dating at the young age of 17. I could not possibly imagine going through this when you actually really want to meet up with the person! I'm left wondering...can I officially no longer feel bad when I don't take her up on her offers? :)

No comments: