I'm not ready for kiddies yet. I do want them though. Ryan and I will start in a couple years. However, I'm slowly getting over the insane panic attacks when the thought of having a kid enters my mind.
This slow progression started happening since I turned 28 in September. What is that about? Coincidence? Or is it the beginning of my biological clock?
My cousin had her first baby last Thursday and I was so insanely happy for her. I've been excited for my other cousins' babies, but I couldn't help thinking that maybe this seemed to hit closer to home, since I know the next two years will fly by and it will be me.
Anyways, what made me think about writing this? All those amazingly cute little Halloween bambini in their bumble bee or princess or insert-adorableness-here costumes. Throughout October, all I could think when Halloween came up was that it sure will be fun to take my own kids around.
However, the time frame still sticks...a few years from now, please. Although I'm finally not panicky, I'm not quite there yet. But at least I know that in two years, I think I'll be ready to have that little tyke.
2 comments:
Yep, that would be your biological clock! Next thing you know you'll be wanting to hold everyone's babies hahhhhhaaaahhhaaa (that's my evil laugh)
Babies are great - when the time is right... Having a baby is clearly life-changing, but you don't realize how much work it will be and how permanently tired you'll be until it happens. But it's SO worth it and the rewarding times WAY outway the hard times. It's really smart to wait until you're ready though. Live vicariously through other people's kids in the meantime! :o)
Post a Comment