Amici...means friends in Italiano.
I'm a pretty low key (aka boring) girl. When people ask what's new, I can't think of anything to tell them. I usually say, "Oh. Work. Work out. Sleep" or "All work and not much play." The highlight of my week is usually yoga.
Every time I hang out with friends, it reminds me of how dull I don't have to be. It is SO much fun to see friends - between laughing at albums from high school after our 10 year reunion to going to a surprise birthday for our friend who turned 30. How amazing is it when you hang out with people that you truly feel comfortable with? We always say that when you just pick up where you left off after however long, you know you have a great friendship. It puts in perspective who your good friends are and how excited you get about doing the most simple things with them. For instance, I cannot wait to drag Amy Nash to my Saturday morning yoga class! (Amy, did you know?! LOL)
It also makes me miss my friend Becky that moved to New Zealand a few years ago - we lived two doors away from one another and just used to keep each other company. Ryan was working insane hours at that point. It didn't matter if we were watching some teen movie or making dinner. We just were chilling and it was so easy.
To all my friends - whether I see you a lot, not so much, or I keep up with you through blogs or Facebook - thank you for being my friend. And I hereby vow to see you more!
1 comment:
SWEET! I can't wait to go to yoga with you! Although (and I hate hate hate to confess this) it has been probably 5 months since I have gone to a class between bar exam/moving/traveling/etc. So I am sure I have lost any of the limited flexibility and balance I once possessed. But I'm gonna get back into it!
Post a Comment