It also turns out that flying and then walking around Vegas EVERYWHERE makes me a tired girl. I fell asleep our first night at 10 pm. Poor Ryan. He went downstairs and did the slots for a couple hours.
We stayed at the MGM Grand. Which was nice enough. Until the 1st morning, where we found a rat pellet in our bed, in the sheets. Yup. Or a mouse pellet - whichever. OMFG. We got a room change and a free breakfast. And they got a guarantee that Ryan and I will never, ever stay at the MGM Grand again.
Onto the fun stuff - I loved the Bellagio and the Venetian!! I actually liked a lot of the new hotels with all their amazingly expensive showy stuff. Recession? What recession? I know where all the money went...Vegas! The Bellagio has this cool garden area, which you can see below. Lots of pretty lights! Ryan stayed at the Venetian the first time he went there, and he loved it. I can't wait to stay there next time!
No shows - but next time I want to see Cirque de Soleil's "O." I heard it was amazing! We just didn't have the money this time around. And, miracle of all miracles, I was able to ignore those obnoxious little cards without letting it get to me. That was a huge step for me!
Pics from our trip. As you can tell, Ryan and I are horrible at taking pictures with us in it. The water show at the Bellagio was pretty awesome. I'm always game for a good water show! And our cute little camera sucks at taking evening pictures! I'm too tired to even try photoshopping these right now. Oh well :)









1 comment:
Yay - I'm glad you are back to posting. I have been wondering where you went. Its funny, I've only been to Las Vegas once and it was when I was a lot younger so I don't even think the places that you talked about - Bellagio, Venetian, etc. - were there back then. And we aren't even that far away. Your photos were beautiful. I have wanted to see that water show ever since they featured it in Ocean's 11.
Post a Comment