So I really don't know what Paul will say so this comment is only from me, but I am going to say go to Hawaii. Even though we are camera people. And the reason is because Paul thought his camera was broken on our honeymoon from humidity (when in reality he had started wearing contact lenses but his camera settings were for his old vision and everything looked blurry to him) and so we have 1 - count 'em - ONE photo from our honeymoon. And I'm actually OK with that. So I say Hawaii! ALOHA!
My dad told me something before I got married that always stuck with me. He told me that there would never be enough money to do everything, so we would always have to be making a choice about how to spend it. And if the decision was ever between an experience or getting a thing, he said we should choose the experience. Things break and get lost/stolen/wornout, but when you spend your money on an experience and you make a memory, that is something that will always be with you and can never been taken away.
I say Hawaii- specifically the island of Kaui. We went there to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. The memory I have of when we were the only ones sitting on a small beach just watching the ocean- wouldn't trade that for a 1000 cameras.
Thanks girls!! I love to travel, and Ryan does not. It's our only sticky point. I LOVE the island of Kauai, Bethany! It's my favorite. I think the Kauai Marriott is heaven on earth! See you both tomorrow!
3 comments:
So I really don't know what Paul will say so this comment is only from me, but I am going to say go to Hawaii. Even though we are camera people. And the reason is because Paul thought his camera was broken on our honeymoon from humidity (when in reality he had started wearing contact lenses but his camera settings were for his old vision and everything looked blurry to him) and so we have 1 - count 'em - ONE photo from our honeymoon. And I'm actually OK with that. So I say Hawaii! ALOHA!
My dad told me something before I got married that always stuck with me. He told me that there would never be enough money to do everything, so we would always have to be making a choice about how to spend it. And if the decision was ever between an experience or getting a thing, he said we should choose the experience. Things break and get lost/stolen/wornout, but when you spend your money on an experience and you make a memory, that is something that will always be with you and can never been taken away.
I say Hawaii- specifically the island of Kaui. We went there to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. The memory I have of when we were the only ones sitting on a small beach just watching the ocean- wouldn't trade that for a 1000 cameras.
Thanks girls!! I love to travel, and Ryan does not. It's our only sticky point. I LOVE the island of Kauai, Bethany! It's my favorite. I think the Kauai Marriott is heaven on earth! See you both tomorrow!
Post a Comment