



Kistu lost his fatal, incurable battle at the end of July. It was by far the hardest thing we've ever had to do. It really tore our emotions to shreds. We were with him the whole time. Two months later (I'm pitifully late on this post) and I'm still get choked up or cry when thinking about him. He may have been the best cat ever.On his last evening with us, we took advantage of our time with him. We only have indoor cats, and Kitsu was always good about not needing to go outside. But he always sat by the sliding glass door and looked out. So we brought him outside. It was quite possibly the saddest thing ever. I don't think that cats cry from emotions. But, I swear to God, we were trying to coax him outside (he was like "Really? This isn't a trick, I'm never allowed outside!") and once he finally stepped outside, he had this huge giant tear form from his eye. Oh my goodness. Ryan and I couldn't tell what it was - the sun was setting - was it in his eyes? Or is it possible for a cat to cry? Either way, that was SO hard. He enjoyed himself out there. Here are some pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment