What was better? Going for free! Seriously, hate me. My boss had a president's club trip, and he invited the management team to go. And I was invited! So thrilled. We stayed at Solage, a resort in Calistoga. A wonderfully cute, tiny town. At Solage, we each had little bungalow type house units. With two cruiser bikes. The place was beautiful. It had eco-friendly shrubbery, which was pretty cool. Completely offset by the fact that they clean your room twice a day. And when they clean it in the nighttime, they leave on all the lights for you and turn the TV on with soothing music. Which kind of negates the whole eco-friendly green thing, but still. Didn't matter. It was kinda cool.
I was kind of lame with pictures this weekend. I'm not sure why. For some reason, I just didn't take that many. If you want to see pictures of the resort, which I totally encourage you to do - click this link. These pictures really do it justice.
It wouldn't be me if I didn't get excited about the swimming pool. OMG. 40 meters, so pristine, perfect temperature, only one other person swimming laps. Heaven.
Let's see - highlights: good times with co-workers, the Elvis impersonator and his band at the Hydro Grill (complete with groupies that were hysterical), riding our cruisers into downtown Calistoga and then riding them to Sterling Vineyards. Sterling Vineyards was pretty awesome. There is an aerial gondola that takes you up to the vineyard. Pricey ($20 each gets you the pass to get up there and 4 wine tastings) - but worth the trip, if you drink. I think you can still appreciate the beauty and view if you don't drink wine, but it would be a bit much to pay.
We went to the Culinary Institute of America on Saturday night for a group dinner, which almost resembles part of Hogwarts. In my lameness, I didn't take a picture of the amazing outside, but found one on Flickr here. We got a tour of the school, since my boss is good friends with one of the expert chefs. They were actually having a wedding there (Ryan is sooo lucky we already got married!) and our sneak peek of the reception hall looked so breathtaking, it was borderline ridiculous.
I did get a massage Sunday, which was one of the best (and most expensive) massages EVER. They have these weighted heated pads that they put on your body while they massage you. It was so great. Unfortunately, by the afternoon, my arthritis came into full force in my left shoulder. I think the massage must have released some built up toxins that just wreaked havic. It's all I can think of. Thankfully, despite being up at 2 am crying last night, when I woke up at 7 am, it was better. So, amazing massage while it occurred; not so amazing for me afterward. For most people who aren't stuck with stupid traveling arthritis, it is amazing.
Some of the few pictures. Note: the last picture - Ryan took over his shoulder while bike riding ahead of me. He wasn't even looking at where the camera was aimed. Pretty good!












1 comment:
That sounds like so much fun! Beautiful photos - especially the butterfly shots! It looks like you guys had perfect weather, too. I'm very jealous.
Post a Comment