Monday, April 6, 2009

I feel stooopid

I clicked on this Yahoo story tonight: Cosmic Hand Reaches for the Light.

Can I just admit that it took me about 3 times to read it, and I still don't understand what it's saying? Crap, sometimes I feel so damn stupid. When it comes to science, I just can't cut it. Ask me to edit something for grammar or write a paper, and I'm all over it. But understand a science news article that was posted on Yahoo? Over my head.

I had a flashback to my very first quarter in college. I took Astronomy 101, because let's face it - the Planetarium is freaking awesome. I found that it was so not as simple as it was in 3rd grade. Our teacher, though, would give us study guides before every test. And he was pretty awesome, because he would then pull from the study guide to make the test. So, of course, I would memorize the study guide. One time Ryan was quizzing me. When I gave him the correct answer, he asked me "Hey, what is that anyways?" I told him, "I dunno. All I know is it's the right answer!" Thus was my entire Astronomy 101 class.

Then another flashback to the ACT's in high school. If I remember correctly, the scores are out of 36. I think I got like a 32 or a 33 in English...and like a 17 in Science and a 23 in Math. Does that tell you something? So bad.

When it comes to science, I think I'll stick to watching Fringe and Bones...

No comments: