Monday, October 25, 2010

Aerial Yoga

I went to my first aerial yoga class tonight.  I am ADDICTED already!!!!!  OH MY GOODNESS.  So much freaking fun!!

Here are the deets:

  • You don't need to be an advanced yoga practitioner to do it.  In fact, you could be a beginner.
  • It's at a new studio located near downtown Campbell
  • The fabric hammocks that they use are in the following colors: off white, dark teal & light teal.  It's like it was made for me.
  • To me, it wasn't intimidating.  Even hanging upside-down.  The hammock goes down to about waist high, so you're not up too high in the air.
  • The teachers are super duper nice and make the whole experience relaxing.  Exactly what they should be like.
  • It is a really nice way to get that yoga spirituality connection.
  • I wouldn't say that it's difficult...but it's challenging.  It's not like arm balances difficult - but I just know that I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  Really great strengthening for you.
  • There was a teacher assisting the class.  She said to me, "there's always one who wants to have fun.  And I can tell that you're that one."  He he.
I still love my power yoga, but I look forward to integrating this into my regular yoga practice!

Here is the studio's website...they also have a Facebook page, which features a lot of pictures of Aerial Yoga.  I posted a few below from their Facebook page, to give you an idea.

www.theyogastudio.biz
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yoga-Studio/122819027754577?ref=sgm

Namaste!



1 comment:

Amy said...

WHAT?!! THIS IS AMAZING! I totally want to go. How much did it cost?