That's Ryan there, in the middle of a pretty brutal impact zone. I tagged along to take some pics. They came out so drab and dreary (because it was so drab and dreary), so I had to jazz them up in photoshop a bit. I put that, because you'll notice the complete contrast differences in the below pics.Ryan and Rollins were pretty worked. Ryan said it was probably one of the best workouts he's gotten while surfing in a long time. Every time they came out of the water they were panting.
There wasn't much to catch. Unless you went all the way out, if you could get there. Then you'd have to battle overhead waves that were actually tubing and pounding.



Probably Ryan's best ride of the day...
hence his complete frustration




2 comments:
I like the pic of Ryan!
Ok, I am a dork:
Top gull: adult Western gull
Bottom gull: 1st winter ring-billed gull (doesn't form the ring until the 2nd winter).
Gulls have three-four plummage phases (years) before they get their adult plummage.
Ok, wake up now (I know you fell asleep)
wow, i am so impressed by mrs. holmes knowledge, seriously!!
and nikki, the artistic pix are great!!
Post a Comment