Ryan and I went over the hill today to Capitola. We went to a Mexican restaurant that we'd been to once before. It was good then, but it was also post-surf. And everything tastes amazing post-surf. Everything. Like a wedge of salami is a bit of heaven, and turkey jerky followed by fruit snacks hit the spot. So, needless to say, we were wondering how it would be without the pre-surf session. It didn't disappoint! Yummy down home Mexican food.
Then on to Pleasure Point, where we walked the coastline until we hit Live Oak Beach (at bit past 31st) and watched the sunset. Good thing I brought my camera. I would have been kicking myself if I hadn't! The hook and 38th's had been way flat as far as surf, but this beach was a different story! The surf looked awesome. There were not that many people out (maybe because the water temp has been hovering around 51 - 54 degrees) and with the angle of the beach, you could catch a ride for probably 75 yards. Seriously, I have to get my butt out there to surf sometime. Maybe when I'm better...some of the waves were overhead and way fast. But it looked like such a fun spot. So maybe on a calmer day there.
Below are some of the pics of the sunset from tonight. Pre-Photoshop, but on some I used the PowerShot's awesome color accent and color swap features. I can't wait to mess around with these in Photoshop! I love them already...I could probably do some way cool things with them. Anways. To say the least, it was an awesome afternoon.









5 comments:
like Heaven!
wow! beautiful pictures!
Gorgeous pictures!
Hi Nikki!! Look it! I finally logged in to myspace and found your blog address! And your blog is sooo cute! I'm going to leave a comment on every single post and being obsessive comment girl. :) It was so awesome seeing you guys over the holidays, I wish we could see you more often! Hey, come down and visit one of these days! We'll make a weekend out of it. Gotta run, talk soon I hope!
Hooray for comments! I feel so loved! You know I just eat them all up! Liv - I loved seeing you guys over the holidays too! We've totally got to get our little butts down to So Cal soon! :)
Post a Comment