Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Serious Chill Pill Needed

I've been working a lot. I mean, A LOT. In the last two weeks, I've left work before 7 pm once. And that was leaving at 6:20. AND I've worked the last three weekends. Ok, pitty party aside, I need a major chill pill. I'm thinking a massage? But then Ryan is jobless, so maybe that's not so smart. Yoga is helping a bunch, but not quite enough. I'm still pretty crabby. Sigh. Any low cost suggestions? :)

8 comments:

Amy said...

Ouch. Those kinds of weeks can be killer. My suggestion is free - go to the library and check out a copy of "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. It is actually a series of six books with a seventh coming out soon. They are really good romance/sci-fi/historical fiction/adventure novels, that one of my author friends recommended to me. Its about a nurse from 1945 who basically walks through Stonehenge and ends up in Scotland in 1743 and is trying to get back to the husband she left in 1945. A total escape from reality and so well-written. The first book is a little too romance novel at times, but the rest are much more balanced.

Tracy Robinson said...

yikes, i'm sorry girl. what about taking up baking? i dont like to cook, but i DO like to bake and it's really relaxing for me!

Christy said...

How about a trip to SLO? Oh wait, hard to work and travel at the same time... well, shoot, I guess my best second choice would be getting out in nature - go for a good hike, maybe in the Los Gatos Hills at lunch time with a coworker? That way you can vent and bitch about work together. I think there's a good hike across from the High School. It's cold enough that you won't sweat much. Something about the cool crisp air, birds chirping, smell of trees kinda grounds you. Well, me at least...
If that's a no go, spend some time petting your cats or Rocky. Can't stay too stressed when they're so happy.

Liv said...

I totally know the feeling Nikki! Us working girls gotta share our relaxin' tips. So I have a couple:
1) Send Ryan to masseuse school! Then he'll have work and you'll have all the professional massages you could dream of...
2) Join Massage Envy. I think they have them up north... It's great. $40 a month and you get an hour long lovely massage of your choosing at any of their locations, and then discounts on additional ones should it be a tough month.
3) Take a day off already! Play hooky and do all the things you love doing. I call them "mental health days".

I hope you find your chill pill and take a much deserved break. :)

xo

Nikki Menda said...

Thanks girls!!! Amy - I'm totally going to read that book series next! Tracy, I think you're right - I love to bake and never ever do it! Chris - I'm going to take two days off the last weekend in Feb - I'm so there! Liv - I went onto Massage Envy and I could just cry from joy! I've never heard of that! 1 hr massage session once a month?! Hello! Awesome. You are all the best! HUGS!

a bunch of BS said...

When the baby is crying, the house is a mess and I have no idea what to do for dinner, my chill remedy is walking + iPod. I put the ear buds in, and just walk, and walk and walk until I'm in a different mood. Sometimes I want to listen to chill out music, other times rock out music. Sometimes I find I stopped walking and starting running. When I finally come back, I always feel so much better.

Paul W. Nash said...

Buy a punching bag or take up karate. (I was noticing that all the advice you were getting was from girls, and thus way too touchy-feely.)

Christy said...

oh, Paul might be on to something -aren't you still housing my punching bag? Put it on the deck!