Wednesday, August 3, 2011

YTT...

I think I might have to officially change this to my yoga blog, because yoga is about to consume my life very quickly.  (Harr, harr, I hear ya...it already has!)  I've been assisting Tuesday night aerial classes since May.  I help do adjustments, massages, and all around assistance to students in class, while the yoga studio owner teaches.  It's given me a really good idea that I LOVE it.  I've been wrestling with a long time now on if I wanted to try to teach yoga.  This gave me the lightening bolt that I needed.

Last Friday, I signed up for a yoga teacher training certification, starting in September.  I go for a week in September, and then I go for long weekends once a month until February.  At the end of February, I'll be certified with my 200 hours of yoga teacher training.  Around March, I'll take a week of aerial yoga teacher training, and then I'll be good to go!

I feel like a weight has been lifted off me.  I suppose it's something that was weighing heavily on my mind.  I'm scared to freaking death about jumping out of my comfort zone.  I'm the wallflower who sits at the back of the class - not teaches it!  Going away for a week, staying at a yoga place, eating almost-vegan meals all week, starting the day at 6 am by meditating for almost 2 hours, ending at 8 pm...I kid you not, this is the schedule and information I got from my registration confirmation emails.  I keep thinking about that part in Eat Pray Love where Elizabeth Gilbert tries to meditate at the ashram, and what seems like an hour ends up only being one minute.

I'm relieved that a fellow yogi from the aerial yoga studio has signed up and will be going through this journey with me.  It will be so much easier to have a friend!

The yoga studio owner had me end last night's class, by leading the three ohm's at the end of class.  She gave me about 30 seconds prior notice (which I think is a really good thing).  It took me about 7 - 10 seconds too long to find my voice and get the words going.  But, for my first time doing it, it wasn't too painful. 

No comments: