Wowee. My leg hair lately has been ca-raz-y. I don't know what it is, but it is driving.me.nuts. Waxing works really well, but waxing my legs is pretty much out of the question - there is absolutely no way I can let my leg hair grow out that long for that length of time. I probably would get an eye twitch and an ulcer from it. My 5-blade razor isn't up to snuff and I'm left wondering when I turned into an ape. And then I learned about epilating.
My friend Wikipedia describes epilating as follows: An epilator is an electrical device used to remove hair by mechanically grasping multiple hairs simultaneously and pulling them out [at the roots]. The way in which epilators pull out hair is similar to waxing, although unlike waxing, they do not remove cells from the epithelium of the epidermis.
What had me sold in my research was multiple reviews stating that it would work even if your leg hair was only a day long. Fast forward to last Thursday, when my epilator came in the mail (by the way, I LOVE YOU Amazon.com...40% off, no taxes and free shipping). Hearing that the first time is painful, especially if you have coarse hair (me = Italian), I took 2 shots of limoncello before trying it out. Just enough to feel a little warm inside. I found that it didn't hurt that much, but it sure as hell didn't feel good either. Ultimately, completely bearable.
Round 2 was tonight (your hair apparently goes in 3 cycles, so the first few times you have to do it every few days, which eventually turns into weeks). I decided that since it wasn't that bad, I'd brave it stone cold sober. Arg. 2/3 of a leg later, and I was at the freezer pulling the limoncello out. And let me tell you, it made a difference.
Hopefully, over the next few months, I can de-hair my legs without needing alcohol involved. (For those of you that choose not to resort to alcohol to get rid of the hair on your legs, I read that taking two Advil also works nicely). All that being said, my legs look so much better.
1 comment:
Um, I think that this post needs photos. haha, j/k.
Post a Comment