Thursday, May 20, 2010

Days 5 & 6: Capri & Sorrento

 While we were in Italy I wrote emails to my family and a few journal entries when we didn't have internet access.  I'm posting them on the blog, to give you an idea of how our trip went.  Pictures to follow!
~~~~~~~~~
 Ciao!  Ciao!  We went to Capri yesterday and it was beautiful weather.  We went in the Blue Grotto, which is overpriced but needs to be seen!  It was just as awesome as last time.  I almost got my head chopped off taking pictures, not realizing that we were about to exit.  Luckily, I ducked my head in time!  It's only a three foot opening, so you have lay down in the rowboat on your way out.  We then walked around the town of Anacapri, which we both really like.  Capri Town, down lower, was next.  It's still really cute but a little richer (more shi shi).  Still as pretty as I remembered the island to be!

Today we had a lazy day.  It was drizzling a little bit, so we slept in and then walked around Sorrento.  We bought some Limoncello and are having it shipped home to your house, mom & dad.  I'm not sure how long it will take to get there.  We weren't about to lug that heavy stuff around :)  We went to Mail Boxes Etc today, and it would cost 160 Euro to send home 15 lbs worth of stuff.  Looks like we're carrying around our stuff!  I'm trying to not buy too much this early in the trip, and saving it for the second half.  Hopefully I don't shoot myself in the foot doing that!  (post note: I totally did!)

Tomorrow we travel to Florence for two nights.  Ryan's super bummed we're leaving Sorrento and is pretty sure that this will be his favorite city.  We'll see!  It seems like we've done so much, and it's only been 4 - 5 days. We're definitely packing a lot in!  I think you kind of have to do that when you go to Europe.

My "Itanglish" is getting better and I'm getting more comfortable using Italian words with the locals.  It works well to speak half Italian and half English with them.  But most people are pretty good in English here, so it would be fine on anyone, I think.

Love you guys lots.

No comments: