I am a Disneyland freak. It's magical, it reminds me of being a kid again, it's beautiful, and for us - it's a relatively cheap getaway (think in terms of Vegas). As a FYI, Ryan's tolerance for Disneyland is pretty high, but his yearning for going there is < > big. Nonetheless, I periodically will break out in a very juvenile "I want to go to Disneyland!" burst to Ryan, just to be funny. At random times and in random places - at the grocery store, at my parent's house, while watching a TV show.
One of my "buggings" happened in the car on the way down to San Luis Obispo on New Year's Eve. At the time, Ryan said, "well, it would be fun to go to Disneyland on a New Year's Eve. Let's go for your 30th birthday." And I thought well, that would be fun! But I'll get him to go before then as well. A couple weeks later, Ryan replied to one of my bursts - "Didn't we agree we'd go on New Years Eve in two years?" Well, yes, but I wanted to go before then too. Which elicited his reply "What, you don't want to go for your birthday?!" Well, yes, but I can't wait that long. I'll get him to crack before then.
Fast-forward to this weekend. It took me a full month to remember / realize that my birthday ISN'T on New Year's Eve. Not even close...almost 4 months earlier. WTF Nikki?! Goodness. I like to think of myself as a fairly intelligent individual. I got a great GPA in high school. I'm an avid reader. I'm cautious about putting myself in stupid situations. But really? I think I got so involved bugging Ryan that I didn't realize the flaw in his proposal.
I feel dumb.
Between Ryan's laughing fit last night when I told him I FINALLY realized how he tricked me, I told him he now had to take me to Disneyland 3 times this year. AND on my real birthday. Who wants to come? I promise I normally have half a brain.
1 comment:
I want to come!
Post a Comment