I miss reading...I went on a little hiatus while trying to get through The Shadow of the Wind. I'd ideally like nothing heavy or depressing. Something on the lighter side but seriously good. I know Amy had suggested a novel a while ago - about time traveling in Scotland?! I can't remember the name. Any other suggestions anyone?! Thanks in advance!
5 comments:
Did you ever read "The Hunger Games"? I can't remember. Its my favorite. I don't know whether it is good or not, but my law school friend's wife's book just came out yesterday and it is YA genre with a strong recommendation from Stephenie Meyer. It is called "Wings" by Aprillyn Pike and it is about faeries. The book about time traveling in Scotland is not on the lighter side and it is very depressing in a lot of parts, so I'm not sure you want to go with that series right now. Have you read "Uglies"? That is another one I haven't read but want to.
ok, have you read kite runner and a thousand splendid suns? or time travelers wife? or memoirs of a geisha? or angela's ashes? or the glass castle? those are my suggestions ;)!
Just finished a really fun book "The Spy Wore Red". True story about a young American woman who becomes a spy during WWII and goes undercover in Spain to get discover secrets through infiltrating high society.
You know, Bethany, that is one of Zandra's favorite books! I need to get it.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!
Last year, when I read grown up books, I really enjoyed Snow Flower and the Secret Fan and Three Cups of Tea. Lately, I just have time to read pregnancy, parenting, child development books. That has got to change! A Girl Named Zippy is seriously light and funny. Each chapter is a story so you can pick it up and put it down easily.
Post a Comment